Taking the Lead in After School Programs: Expanding Horizons for Arts Education
This guide provides assistance to school and district leaders in the development of k-12 visual and performing arts after school programs.
The guide includes information about key steps educational leaders can take to facilitate standards-based arts instruction and learning aligned to the Visual and Performing Arts Framework for California Public Schools, Kindergarten through Twelve (CDE Press, 2004).
- Beginning the planning process
- Examining criteria for a quality arts education program
- Reviewing a summary of research on arts education
- Addressing professional development needs
- Establishing partnerships and finding community resources
- Learning from leaders of model programs
Funding provided by the David and Lucille Packard Foundation