Module 5 – A.C.T.O.S. Arts Integration: Culturally Responsive Arts Learning Across the Curriculum Tied to Common Core (Grades K-8)
Welcome to Creativity at the Core, Module 5 – ACTOS Arts Integration Culturally Responsive Arts Learning Across the Curriculum Tied to Common Core (Grades K-8) brought to you by the Monterey County Office of Education and El Teatro Campesino.
A.C.T.O.S is an arts integrated instructional pedagogy that is a powerful content framework that is designed to increase student engagement and create 21st century learning environments.
The module provides:
• Student hands-on learning experiences that are rich, rigorous and culturally relevant.
• 21st century learning approach for development and implementation of new arts integrated
• Arts integration teacher coaching conducted by professional artists
• Learning environments where 21st century learning skills thrive
The Presentation Chart will give you an entire overview of the module (Also available under Downloads).
Tutorial: Click here to view the Module 5 A.C.T.O.S. tutorial.
Handouts & Resources
Use the following handouts and resources to help with professional learning.
- Dead Bread A.C.T.O.S. Script (Digital copy embedded in online presentation)
- Understanding By Design “Forensics” Unit Plan Sample which includes: Fingerprint Basics, A.C.T.O.S. Forensics Report, Fingerprint Analysis Activity, Sample Unit Calendar (Digital copy embedded in online presentation)
- MEDIA RESOURCES: Presentation #1 A.C.T.O.S. Pedagogy Introduction, Presentation #2 A.C.T.O.S. Learning Module
- Prezi with Narrative Script
- ELD Speaking 6-8
- CCSS ELA RST3, RST8
- NCAS Media Arts: Cr220.127.116.11, Cr18.104.22.168, Theater Arts: Pr6.1.6, Pr6.1.8, Cr2.1.6B, Cr2.1.8B
- Science SEP 1, SEP 3, SEP 4, SEP 8
- CAS Media Arts: MA:CR1, 8.MA:CR1
- CAS Theater 7.TH:Cr1a, 7.TH:Cr1c; 8.TH:Cn11.1a, TH:Cr2b, 8.TH:Cr2b., 6.TH:Pr6, 8.TH:Pr6
- Hamish Tyler, Former Media Director and Region 5 Arts Lead, Monterey County Office of Education
- Emiliano Valdez, Education Director, El Teatro Campesino
Other Education and Arts Contributors
- Jordan Santana, Curriculum and Instruction, Monterey County Office of Education
- Michelle Muncy Silva, Curriculum and Instruction, Monterey County Office of Education
- Ellen Levy, Curriculum and Instruction, Monterey County Office of Education
- Sofia Fojas, Arts Coordinator, Integrated STEAM, Santa Clara County Office of Education
- Aimee Espiritu, Arts Equity Specialist, Santa Clara County Office of Education
- Kati Silva, Spanish Bilingual Arts Integration Specialist, Santa Clara County Office of Education