For event flyer, click here.
To register, click here.
San Jose Museum of Art, Wendell Center – Registration, continental breakfast and opening
Children’s Discovery Museum
Teachers, Teaching Artists, TOSA, Educators
PreK – 5
$20.00 (before Oct .14) $40.00 (Oct. 15 – 22) $10.00 (Title I Teacher)
Sponsored by Santa Clara County Office of Education Artspiration in partnership with San Jose State University School of Education
8:00–8:15 am Check-in and Light Breakfast
8:15–8:45 am Welcome and Opening Remarks
8:45–9:00 am Travel to Session #1
9:00–10:30 am Session #1
10:30–10:45 am Travel to Session #2
10:45–12:15 pm Session #2
12:15-12:30 pm Travel to San Jose Museum of Art
12:30–12:45 pm Prize Drawing and Closing Remarks
1:00-5:00 pm Visit Downtown San Jose Museums and Arts Partner Venues (FREE with your name badge)*
Please join us for our upcoming professional learning opportunity: The Insider’s Guide to Arts Education Planning! This one-day workshop will be sponsored by CCSESA, California Alliance for Arts Education, and CREATE CA. Participants will:
- Learn facilitation skills on how to develop an arts education plan for a school district and/or county office of education using the newly released 3rd edition of the Insider’s Guide to Arts Education;
- Take away leadership strategies that can be applied in multiple settings; and
- Join a professional community that is committed to building capacity for arts education in California.
The program will be led by Peggy Burt, Arts Planning Director for the California Alliance for Arts Education and lead coach for the Alliance’s Arts Planning Initiative. She is the co-author of the 3rd edition of the Insider’s Guide to Arts Education Planning. Peggy brings over fifteen years of experience of working with districts and county offices on strategic arts plans as well as training planning coaches for Los Angeles County Department of Arts and Culture: Arts Ed collective. Peggy is currently serving as the Coach/Facilitator for CCSESA’s Rural County Arts Initiative as well as a facilitator for the Los Angeles county Office of Education, Center for distance and Online Learning: TEAL – an online learning platform that blends arts education/arts integration with social and emotional learning and MTSS.
For additional information regarding the content of the session, contact Peggy Burt at email@example.com
For additional information regarding registration or logistics, contact Jessie Mapes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for this FREE event!
- Gain greater understanding of the rural context by engaging with national experts, Dr. Lisa Donovan, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, Clayton W. Lord, Americans for the Arts, and California expert, Peggy Burt, Mindful Strategies;
- Learn a mapping process from Americans for the Arts based on a metaphorical frame of Emerald City to uncover key components to consider when expanding arts education in rural communities;
- Consider perspectives from next generation leaders; and
- Walk away with a process and a custom map to begin shaping strategies.