CREATE CA and the Orange County Department of Education are pleased to host the 3rd Annual Statewide Convening for Arts Education. This convening will focus on the ways to collaborate in order to create changes in practice that increase quality arts education for all students. This two-day convening will include the 8th Annual Creative Edge Lecture at the Segerstrom Concert Hall, additional keynote speakers and engaging professional development breakout sessions. Over 300 participants will attend this year’s convening including teachers, administrators, arts organizations, parents, funders and business/industry leaders from throughout California. March 14-15, 2017 Included in Registration: Ticket to Arts OC 2017 Creative Edge Lecture featuring Juan Felipe
With four years of evolving changes in public education, California arts education leaders will come together to:
- Identify and investigate the new challenges facing arts education
- Learn about effective resources and strategies to address student and educator needs, and
- Provide input and guidance about next steps needed in order to increase quality arts education for all students in California.
This two-day convening will feature
- The 8th Annual Creative Edge Lecture at the Segerstrom Concert Hall with Juan Felipe Herrera, Poet Laureate of the United States
- A Conversation with Michael McAfee, President, Policy Link: At the intersection of Arts and Equity
- Your choice of four think tank sessions on Professional Learning, Leadership Development, Equity and Advocacy
- And more!
Consider bringing a team from your region with representatives from multiple areas listed below in order to return to your region with a plan of collaborative action.
- All Administrators responsible for arts education
- All Visual and Performing Arts Directors and Coordinators
- Credentialed VAPA teacher in leadership roles
- Directors at non-profit arts organizations who make the program decisions for arts education
- Parent leaders advocating for equitable arts education
- Higher Education leaders making program decisions for preparation of teachers
- Leaders from industry investing in the arts (Funders)
- Students in VAPA Teacher preparation programs interested in arts education leadership
- Board members and Superintendents who are active supporters of arts education for all students
Limited number of Half-Price Scholarships Available. Apply before registering here.
Presented by CCSESA Statewide Arts Initiative in partnership with Create CA
Please join us for a five-part Leadership Series focused on the book
The Art of Everything: Leading for “We” in the Age of “Me” written by Dr. Gary Waddell
The Art of Everything Leadership Conversations is intended for both aspiring and experienced leaders to come together in conversation and community around the key leadership concepts in the book. We encourage you to invite leaders to join us in this important opportunity.
Come join us and patriciate this interactive series focused on key elements of artful leadership.
SESSION 1 – January 15, 2021
SESSION 2 – February 19, 2021
SESSION 3 – March 19, 2021
SESSION 4 – April 16, 2021
SESSION 5 – May 21, 2021
$30 for all five sessions
Presenter & Featured Guests for Session #1:
Join us for this FREE event!
- Gain greater understanding of the rural context by engaging with national experts, Dr. Lisa Donovan, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, Clayton W. Lord, Americans for the Arts, and California expert, Peggy Burt, Mindful Strategies;
- Learn a mapping process from Americans for the Arts based on a metaphorical frame of Emerald City to uncover key components to consider when expanding arts education in rural communities;
- Consider perspectives from next generation leaders; and
- Walk away with a process and a custom map to begin shaping strategies.