California County Superintendents Educational Services Association
Statewide Arts Initiative invites you to attend the
RURAL ARTS CONVENING
April 1, 2020
JOIN THE MOVEMENT TO INCREASE ACCESS TO ARTS EDUCATION IN RURAL COMMUNITIES ACROSS THE STATE!
We are building momentum for arts education in rural areas! You are invited to share your voice and your ideas as we advance the work to bring more arts to more TK-12 students across California. Hear about promising best practices and meet the people who are making a difference in rural counties.
The Rural Arts Convening will be an interactive day, designed to bring you up to date with progress in our state and to explore possibilities for your communities.
- Hear inspiring stories of progress from Amador, Butte, Mono, Humboldt and Tulare County Offices of Education.
- Learn about the process of arts strategic planning in Nevada, Imperial and Mariposa counties led by county offices of education involving multiple stakeholders.
- Engage in artistic activities and strategies that you can bring back to your organizations.
Representative Featured Speakers:
- Sarah Anderberg, CCSESA Arts Initiative: Building Access to Arts Education in Rural Communities
- Anne Bown-Crawford, California Arts Council: The Importance of Rural Communities to a Healthy Arts Ecosystem
- Peggy Burt, California Alliance for Arts Education/CCSESA Arts Initiative: Aligned Leadership: Matching Arts Plans to District and County Priorities
- Merryl Goldberg: Arts Integration, CSU San Marcos: Arts Integration in Multicultural Settings
- Letty Kraus, California Department of Education: New California Arts Standards and Framework
- Kate Stover, Tulare County Office of Education: Creativity and Collaboration in Rural Communities – New CCSESA Creativity at the Core Module!
- Tim Taylor, California Small School Districts Association
- Leaders from across California representing rural communities.
DON’T MISS THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY!
Who Should Attend?
Educators/leaders from districts and county offices across California, school board members and community members.
Click here for the flyer.
Click here to register.
This event is made possible through funding from the Stuart Foundation,
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation,
and a partnership with the California Alliance for Arts Education.
Rural communities face specific challenges when working to deliver arts education to students. Learn from several experts who have created tailored approaches for rural communities. Presented in partnership with the California Alliance for Arts Education.