For event flyer, click here.
To register, click here.
San Jose Museum of Art, Wendell Center – Registration, continental breakfast and opening
Children’s Discovery Museum
Teachers, Teaching Artists, TOSA, Educators
PreK – 5
$20.00 (before Oct .14) $40.00 (Oct. 15 – 22) $10.00 (Title I Teacher)
Sponsored by Santa Clara County Office of Education Artspiration in partnership with San Jose State University School of Education
8:00–8:15 am Check-in and Light Breakfast
8:15–8:45 am Welcome and Opening Remarks
8:45–9:00 am Travel to Session #1
9:00–10:30 am Session #1
10:30–10:45 am Travel to Session #2
10:45–12:15 pm Session #2
12:15-12:30 pm Travel to San Jose Museum of Art
12:30–12:45 pm Prize Drawing and Closing Remarks
1:00-5:00 pm Visit Downtown San Jose Museums and Arts Partner Venues (FREE with your name badge)*
California County Superintendents Educational Services Association
Statewide Arts Initiative invites you to attend the
RURAL ARTS CONVENING
April 1, 2020
JOIN THE MOVEMENT TO INCREASE ACCESS TO ARTS EDUCATION IN RURAL COMMUNITIES ACROSS THE STATE!
We are building momentum for arts education in rural areas! You are invited to share your voice and your ideas as we advance the work to bring more arts to more TK-12 students across California. Hear about promising best practices and meet the people who are making a difference in rural counties.
The Rural Arts Convening will be an interactive day, designed to bring you up to date with progress in our state and to explore possibilities for your communities.
- Hear inspiring stories of progress from Amador, Butte, Mono, Humboldt and Tulare County Offices of Education.
- Learn about the process of arts strategic planning in Nevada, Imperial and Mariposa counties led by county offices of education involving multiple stakeholders.
- Engage in artistic activities and strategies that you can bring back to your organizations.
Representative Featured Speakers:
- Sarah Anderberg, CCSESA Arts Initiative: Building Access to Arts Education in Rural Communities
- Anne Bown-Crawford, California Arts Council: The Importance of Rural Communities to a Healthy Arts Ecosystem
- Peggy Burt, California Alliance for Arts Education/CCSESA Arts Initiative: Aligned Leadership: Matching Arts Plans to District and County Priorities
- Merryl Goldberg: Arts Integration, CSU San Marcos: Arts Integration in Multicultural Settings
- Letty Kraus, California Department of Education: New California Arts Standards and Framework
- Kate Stover, Tulare County Office of Education: Creativity and Collaboration in Rural Communities – New CCSESA Creativity at the Core Module!
- Tim Taylor, California Small School Districts Association
- Leaders from across California representing rural communities.
DON’T MISS THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY!
Who Should Attend?
Educators/leaders from districts and county offices across California, school board members and community members.
Click here for the flyer.
Click here to register.
This event is made possible through funding from the Stuart Foundation,
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation,
and a partnership with the California Alliance for Arts Education.
A Conversation Hosted by Create CA and the CCSESA
Date/Time: September 16, 2020 at 3 p.m.
Registration: Click here.
Join us for an interactive meeting where presenters will share about the power of the Arts and Social Emotional Learning. Don’t miss the debut of the new Create CA video on the Arts and SEL!
Featuring Headliner: Aaron Bryan, Fresno County Superintendent of Schools as well as other engaging speakers!
In a changing world, educational leaders are facing a new reality that may include distance learning, budget challenges and dramatic shifts in expectations. Join Peggy Burt and Kimberleigh Aarn in this interactive 2-day session that will introduce highly effective ways of collaborating to address trends and engage in meaningful dialogue that leads to concrete actions and priorities.
This online training will allow you to further develop your leadership and facilitation skills that may be translated into all aspects of your work. You will be provided with timely information to respond to this new landscape and learn strategies and processes that you can immediately apply.