For event flyer, click here.
To register, click here.
San Jose Museum of Art, Wendell Center – Registration, continental breakfast and opening
Children’s Discovery Museum
Teachers, Teaching Artists, TOSA, Educators
PreK – 5
$20.00 (before Oct .14) $40.00 (Oct. 15 – 22) $10.00 (Title I Teacher)
Sponsored by Santa Clara County Office of Education Artspiration in partnership with San Jose State University School of Education
8:00–8:15 am Check-in and Light Breakfast
8:15–8:45 am Welcome and Opening Remarks
8:45–9:00 am Travel to Session #1
9:00–10:30 am Session #1
10:30–10:45 am Travel to Session #2
10:45–12:15 pm Session #2
12:15-12:30 pm Travel to San Jose Museum of Art
12:30–12:45 pm Prize Drawing and Closing Remarks
1:00-5:00 pm Visit Downtown San Jose Museums and Arts Partner Venues (FREE with your name badge)*
California County Superintendents Educational Services Association
Statewide Arts Initiative invites you to attend the
RURAL ARTS CONVENING
April 1, 2020
JOIN THE MOVEMENT TO INCREASE ACCESS TO ARTS EDUCATION IN RURAL COMMUNITIES ACROSS THE STATE!
We are building momentum for arts education in rural areas! You are invited to share your voice and your ideas as we advance the work to bring more arts to more TK-12 students across California. Hear about promising best practices and meet the people who are making a difference in rural counties.
The Rural Arts Convening will be an interactive day, designed to bring you up to date with progress in our state and to explore possibilities for your communities.
- Hear inspiring stories of progress from Amador, Butte, Mono, Humboldt and Tulare County Offices of Education.
- Learn about the process of arts strategic planning in Nevada, Imperial and Mariposa counties led by county offices of education involving multiple stakeholders.
- Engage in artistic activities and strategies that you can bring back to your organizations.
Representative Featured Speakers:
- Sarah Anderberg, CCSESA Arts Initiative: Building Access to Arts Education in Rural Communities
- Anne Bown-Crawford, California Arts Council: The Importance of Rural Communities to a Healthy Arts Ecosystem
- Peggy Burt, California Alliance for Arts Education/CCSESA Arts Initiative: Aligned Leadership: Matching Arts Plans to District and County Priorities
- Merryl Goldberg: Arts Integration, CSU San Marcos: Arts Integration in Multicultural Settings
- Letty Kraus, California Department of Education: New California Arts Standards and Framework
- Kate Stover, Tulare County Office of Education: Creativity and Collaboration in Rural Communities – New CCSESA Creativity at the Core Module!
- Tim Taylor, California Small School Districts Association
- Leaders from across California representing rural communities.
DON’T MISS THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY!
Who Should Attend?
Educators/leaders from districts and county offices across California, school board members and community members.
Click here for the flyer.
Click here to register.
This event is made possible through funding from the Stuart Foundation,
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation,
and a partnership with the California Alliance for Arts Education.
Please join us for our upcoming professional learning opportunity: The Insider’s Guide to Arts Education Planning! This one-day workshop will be sponsored by CCSESA, California Alliance for Arts Education, and CREATE CA. Participants will:
- Learn facilitation skills on how to develop an arts education plan for a school district and/or county office of education using the newly released 3rd edition of the Insider’s Guide to Arts Education;
- Take away leadership strategies that can be applied in multiple settings; and
- Join a professional community that is committed to building capacity for arts education in California.
The program will be led by Peggy Burt, Arts Planning Director for the California Alliance for Arts Education and lead coach for the Alliance’s Arts Planning Initiative. She is the co-author of the 3rd edition of the Insider’s Guide to Arts Education Planning. Peggy brings over fifteen years of experience of working with districts and county offices on strategic arts plans as well as training planning coaches for Los Angeles County Department of Arts and Culture: Arts Ed collective. Peggy is currently serving as the Coach/Facilitator for CCSESA’s Rural County Arts Initiative as well as a facilitator for the Los Angeles county Office of Education, Center for distance and Online Learning: TEAL – an online learning platform that blends arts education/arts integration with social and emotional learning and MTSS.
For additional information regarding the content of the session, contact Peggy Burt at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information regarding registration or logistics, contact Jessie Mapes at email@example.com
A Conversation Hosted by Create CA and the CCSESA
Date/Time: September 16, 2020 at 3 p.m.
Registration: Click here.
Join us for an interactive meeting where presenters will share about the power of the Arts and Social Emotional Learning. Don’t miss the debut of the new Create CA video on the Arts and SEL!
Featuring Headliner: Aaron Bryan, Fresno County Superintendent of Schools as well as other engaging speakers!