CREATE CA and the Orange County Department of Education are pleased to host the 3rd Annual Statewide Convening for Arts Education. This convening will focus on the ways to collaborate in order to create changes in practice that increase quality arts education for all students. This two-day convening will include the 8th Annual Creative Edge Lecture at the Segerstrom Concert Hall, additional keynote speakers and engaging professional development breakout sessions. Over 300 participants will attend this year’s convening including teachers, administrators, arts organizations, parents, funders and business/industry leaders from throughout California. March 14-15, 2017 Included in Registration: Ticket to Arts OC 2017 Creative Edge Lecture featuring Juan Felipe
With four years of evolving changes in public education, California arts education leaders will come together to:
- Identify and investigate the new challenges facing arts education
- Learn about effective resources and strategies to address student and educator needs, and
- Provide input and guidance about next steps needed in order to increase quality arts education for all students in California.
This two-day convening will feature
- The 8th Annual Creative Edge Lecture at the Segerstrom Concert Hall with Juan Felipe Herrera, Poet Laureate of the United States
- A Conversation with Michael McAfee, President, Policy Link: At the intersection of Arts and Equity
- Your choice of four think tank sessions on Professional Learning, Leadership Development, Equity and Advocacy
- And more!
Consider bringing a team from your region with representatives from multiple areas listed below in order to return to your region with a plan of collaborative action.
- All Administrators responsible for arts education
- All Visual and Performing Arts Directors and Coordinators
- Credentialed VAPA teacher in leadership roles
- Directors at non-profit arts organizations who make the program decisions for arts education
- Parent leaders advocating for equitable arts education
- Higher Education leaders making program decisions for preparation of teachers
- Leaders from industry investing in the arts (Funders)
- Students in VAPA Teacher preparation programs interested in arts education leadership
- Board members and Superintendents who are active supporters of arts education for all students
Limited number of Half-Price Scholarships Available. Apply before registering here.
CCSESA Arts Learning Colloquium at San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
sponsored by San Mateo County Office in partnership with CCSESA and SFMOMA
After a three-year closure, the newly transformed and expanded San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) opened its doors to the public on May 14, 2016. Purpose-built to showcase the museum’s celebrated collection over ten breathtaking floors, the new SFMOMA was designed by renowned architecture firm Snøhetta. With nearly three times more gallery space than before, the museum opened with 19 inaugural exhibitions, including a curated selection from the distinguished Doris and Donald Fisher Collection, the first presentation of works promised through the Campaign for Art, nearly a full floor devoted to the Pritzker Center for Photography, cherished favorites from SFMOMA’s permanent collection, and works specially commissioned for the new museum. SFMOMA now includes nearly 45,000 square feet of art-filled free public spaces, and will offer free admission for all visitors 18 and younger in perpetuity. (taken from the SFMOMA web site).
- Gain expertise from museum educators at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA);
- Make interdisciplinary connections as you interact with works of art at the SFMOMA;
- Learn how to enhance understanding of works of arts through inquiry based discussions;
- Network with educators from across California; and
- So much more!
For event flyer, click here.
To register, click here.
San Jose Museum of Art, Wendell Center – Registration, continental breakfast and opening
Children’s Discovery Museum
Teachers, Teaching Artists, TOSA, Educators
PreK – 5
$20.00 (before Oct .14) $40.00 (Oct. 15 – 22) $10.00 (Title I Teacher)
Sponsored by Santa Clara County Office of Education Artspiration in partnership with San Jose State University School of Education
8:00–8:15 am Check-in and Light Breakfast
8:15–8:45 am Welcome and Opening Remarks
8:45–9:00 am Travel to Session #1
9:00–10:30 am Session #1
10:30–10:45 am Travel to Session #2
10:45–12:15 pm Session #2
12:15-12:30 pm Travel to San Jose Museum of Art
12:30–12:45 pm Prize Drawing and Closing Remarks
1:00-5:00 pm Visit Downtown San Jose Museums and Arts Partner Venues (FREE with your name badge)*
Presented by CCSESA Statewide Arts Initiative in partnership with Create CA
Please join us for a five-part Leadership Series focused on the book
The Art of Everything: Leading for “We” in the Age of “Me” written by Dr. Gary Waddell
The Art of Everything Leadership Conversations is intended for both aspiring and experienced leaders to come together in conversation and community around the key leadership concepts in the book. We encourage you to invite leaders to join us in this important opportunity.
Come join us and patriciate this interactive series focused on key elements of artful leadership.
SESSION 1 – January 15, 2021
SESSION 2 – February 19, 2021
SESSION 3 – March 19, 2021
SESSION 4 – April 16, 2021
SESSION 5 – May 21, 2021
$30 for all five sessions
Presenter & Featured Guests for Session #1: