CREATE CA and the Orange County Department of Education are pleased to host the 3rd Annual Statewide Convening for Arts Education. This convening will focus on the ways to collaborate in order to create changes in practice that increase quality arts education for all students. This two-day convening will include the 8th Annual Creative Edge Lecture at the Segerstrom Concert Hall, additional keynote speakers and engaging professional development breakout sessions. Over 300 participants will attend this year’s convening including teachers, administrators, arts organizations, parents, funders and business/industry leaders from throughout California. March 14-15, 2017 Included in Registration: Ticket to Arts OC 2017 Creative Edge Lecture featuring Juan Felipe
With four years of evolving changes in public education, California arts education leaders will come together to:
- Identify and investigate the new challenges facing arts education
- Learn about effective resources and strategies to address student and educator needs, and
- Provide input and guidance about next steps needed in order to increase quality arts education for all students in California.
This two-day convening will feature
- The 8th Annual Creative Edge Lecture at the Segerstrom Concert Hall with Juan Felipe Herrera, Poet Laureate of the United States
- A Conversation with Michael McAfee, President, Policy Link: At the intersection of Arts and Equity
- Your choice of four think tank sessions on Professional Learning, Leadership Development, Equity and Advocacy
- And more!
Consider bringing a team from your region with representatives from multiple areas listed below in order to return to your region with a plan of collaborative action.
- All Administrators responsible for arts education
- All Visual and Performing Arts Directors and Coordinators
- Credentialed VAPA teacher in leadership roles
- Directors at non-profit arts organizations who make the program decisions for arts education
- Parent leaders advocating for equitable arts education
- Higher Education leaders making program decisions for preparation of teachers
- Leaders from industry investing in the arts (Funders)
- Students in VAPA Teacher preparation programs interested in arts education leadership
- Board members and Superintendents who are active supporters of arts education for all students
Limited number of Half-Price Scholarships Available. Apply before registering here.
A Conversation Hosted by Create CA and the CCSESA
Date/Time: September 16, 2020 at 3 p.m.
Registration: Click here.
Join us for an interactive meeting where presenters will share about the power of the Arts and Social Emotional Learning. Don’t miss the debut of the new Create CA video on the Arts and SEL!
Featuring Headliner: Aaron Bryan, Fresno County Superintendent of Schools as well as other engaging speakers!
In a changing world, educational leaders are facing a new reality that may include distance learning, budget challenges and dramatic shifts in expectations. Join Peggy Burt and Kimberleigh Aarn in this interactive 2-day session that will introduce highly effective ways of collaborating to address trends and engage in meaningful dialogue that leads to concrete actions and priorities.
This online training will allow you to further develop your leadership and facilitation skills that may be translated into all aspects of your work. You will be provided with timely information to respond to this new landscape and learn strategies and processes that you can immediately apply.