Welcome to the Creativity at the Core, Module 13 – On Stage: English Language Learners Theatre Arts and Language Development brought to you by the Humboldt County Office of Education, the Monterey County Office of Education, and the Ventura County Office of Education.
The Presentation Chart will give you an entire overview of the module (available under Downloads).
Tutorial: Click here for the On Stage: English Language Learners Theatre Arts and Language Development Tutorial.
Planning your professional learning (Content Outlines)
The following outlines can be used to break down your professional learning. These are all available under Downloads.
- Welcome and Introductory Activities
- Power of Theatre
- Introducing Tableau
- Connecting to Literacy
Handouts & Resources
Use the following handouts and resources to help with professional learning.
- Handouts 1a-1g: Let’s Strategize
- Handouts 2a and 2b: Words!
- Handouts 3a-3c: Data Hunt
- Handouts 4a-4f: ELD Standards, Grades K-5
- Handouts 5: Literacy Capacities
- Handout 6: Bounce Cards
- Handout 7a: Theatre Strand 1 – Artistic Expression
- Handout 7b: Theatre Strand 2 – Creative Expression
VAPA 2.0, 4.0
CCR SL1, 4, 5
- Charice Guerra – Former Curriculum Coordinator, Ventura County Office of Education
- Linnea Mandell – Former Curriculum Specialist, Humboldt County Office of Education
- Hamish Tyler –Director II, Monterey County Office of Education
Other Educational and Art Contributors
- Francisca Sanchez – Proactive Practice
Tags: Arts, English Language Learners, Language Development