Welcome to Creativity at the Core, Module 12 – Leadership in the Arts and Common Core State Standards brought to you by the Alameda County Office of Education, Los Angeles County Office of Education, and the Sacramento County Office of Education.
This 6 hour module was created to present to site and district level administrators as a vehicle for understanding arts integration, knowing what to look for in instruction and resources for planning for implementation.
It is designed into three parts of two hours each.
Part 1: Leadership in the Arts and Common Core State Standards
Part 2: Arts Education and the Common Core
Part 3: Your Leadership Matters in Arts Integration
The Presentation Chart will give you an entire overview of the module (available under Downloads).
Tutorial: Click here for the Leadership in the Arts and Common Core Standards tutorial.
Planning your Professional Learning (Content Outlines)
The following outline can be used to break down your training. It is available under Downloads.
- Content Outline: Leadership in the Arts and Common Core Standards
Handouts and Resources
The following handouts will assist you in implementing this lesson plan. They are available under Downloads.
- Handout 1: What is Core? What is Common?
- Handout 2: Deepening and Expanding Partnerships
- Handout 3: Organization Partnership Scan
- Handout 4: Key Areas in Arts Program Planning
- Handout 5: Vision Implementation Form
- Handout 6: Guiding Principles by David Coleman
- Handout 7: Preparing Students for the Next America by Arts Education Partnership
- PowerPoint: Leadership in the Arts and Common Core State Standards
- PowerPoint: Your Leadership Matters…In Arts Integration
- Ray Cagan, Former Arts Learning Coordinator, Alameda County Office of Education
- Shannon Wilkins, Consultant III and Performing Arts and Educational Leadership Programs, Los Angeles County Office of Education
- Steven Winlock, Leadership Institute Executive Director, Sacramento County Office of Education