Click here for the event flyer and registration information! We hope you can join us for this great professional learning experience!
- Learn research about the effectiveness of arts
integration to impact student achievement.
- Experience culturally and linguistically responsive
strategies for interdisciplinary learning across
subject matter and grade levels K-12.
- Learn about the new statewide TPE’s teaching
performance expectations for arts in K-12. n Engage in hands-on effective strategies for powerful arts integration in the classroom in Humanities and STEM.
- Learn more about Title I and the Arts.
- Develop structures by which your own districts can
plan for and implement arts integration strategies alongside Common Core.
- Learn about the ART=OPPORTUNITY campaign
and receive Creativity at the Core resources.
- Network with colleagues from across California and so much more!
Region 1 Building STEAM Conference is Jan. 5-6, 2018 in beautiful Humboldt County. Keynote speakers are Dr. Karen Crow Roark, NASA’s STEM Education Professional Development Specialist and Dr. Ann Marie Thomas of the Playful Learning Lab, University of St. Thomas.
We are seeking breakout session presenters in K-12 STEAM Strategies. Applications due September 30, http://my.hcoe.net/?page_id=7437
To register to attend: http://my.hcoe.net/?event=building-steam-conference-2018