Artspiration invites you to join representatives from California’s leading arts education and advocacy organizations: Create CA, California Alliance for Arts Education and CCSESA Arts Initiative and the California Department of Education, for a special arts education workshop.
• Understand the background and history of the Blueprint for Creative Schools and the CREATE CA initiative
• Explore the Arts Education Data Project and its role in ensuring equitable access to high-quality, standards-based arts education
• Discuss the strategy of creating a district-wide arts plan and hear examples from the field
• Build knowledge of why and how arts education meets the eight state LCFF Priorities
• Receive valuable updates on state and federal arts legislation that impacts school and district policies
Click here for the event flyer and registration information! We hope you can join us for this great professional learning experience!
- Learn research about the effectiveness of arts
integration to impact student achievement.
- Experience culturally and linguistically responsive
strategies for interdisciplinary learning across
subject matter and grade levels K-12.
- Learn about the new statewide TPE’s teaching
performance expectations for arts in K-12. n Engage in hands-on effective strategies for powerful arts integration in the classroom in Humanities and STEM.
- Learn more about Title I and the Arts.
- Develop structures by which your own districts can
plan for and implement arts integration strategies alongside Common Core.
- Learn about the ART=OPPORTUNITY campaign
and receive Creativity at the Core resources.
- Network with colleagues from across California and so much more!
Join Us! Please join us on December 7, 2017 at the California Department of Education for the Rural Arts Education Think Tank meeting. Recently, the NEA announced the release of a working paper, Leveraging Change: Increasing Access to Arts
Education in Rural Areas, which provides insights on rural arts education access written by Lisa Donovan and
Maren Brown. Click here for a copy of the paper.
We want to hear from you! This is an opportunity to think together about how to better serve our rural communities.
We want to explore together how we can increase access to arts education in California rural communities.
Sarah Anderberg, California County Superintendents Educational Services Association & CREATE CA
Dr. Lisa Donovan, Professor in the Fine and Performing Arts Department at the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
Jack Mitchell, California Department of Education
Mary Rice, California Department of Education
Kate Stover, Tulare County Office of Education
Pat Wayne, CREATE CA
Stacy Young, Humboldt County Office of Education
Region 1 Building STEAM Conference is Jan. 5-6, 2018 in beautiful Humboldt County. Keynote speakers are Dr. Karen Crow Roark, NASA’s STEM Education Professional Development Specialist and Dr. Ann Marie Thomas of the Playful Learning Lab, University of St. Thomas.
We are seeking breakout session presenters in K-12 STEAM Strategies. Applications due September 30, http://my.hcoe.net/?page_id=7437
To register to attend: http://my.hcoe.net/?event=building-steam-conference-2018
Looking for an opportunity to build leadership capacity in arts education planning?
Join us on February 26, 2018 in Fresno for an amazing professional learning day.
Click HERE for the flyer and registration information.
Register TODAY for CCSESA’s Annual Arts Learning Colloquium to be held in Sacramento at the Crocker Art Museum where participants will hear from arts experts, visit the exhibits and participate in professional learning aligned to state standards. Participants will also attend the matinee of the musical production of An American in Paris sponsored by the California Musical Theatre Broadway Sacramento.
- Hear from State and local Leaders
- Learn from Crocker Art Museum and California Musical Theatre experts
- Participate in standards based arts lessons focused on Creativity at the Core modules
- Receive valuable resources you can use t your school, district, and county office of education
- View exhibits
- See the professional production of An American in Paris, part of the California Musical Theatre Broadway Sacramento Series
- Network with educators from across California
REGISTRATION: $100 Includes: light greakfast, lunch, materials, and ticket to An American in Paris
TWO LOCATIONS: Crocker Art Museum and Sacramento Community Center Theatre
Click HERE to download an event flyer
Click HERE to register
Sponsored by the CCSESA Arts Initiative in partnership
with the Sacramento County Office of Education, California Musical Theatre, Crocker Art Museum,
and the California Department of Education.