Share how arts education benefits all students! One of the best ways to promote arts education is to take every opportunity to let people know of its benefits.
- Stimulates and develops the imagination and critical thinking, and refines cognitive and creative skills.
- Has proven to help level the “learning field” across socio-economic boundaries.
- Strengthens problem-solving skills, adding to overall academic achievement and school success.
- Develops a sense of craftsmanship, quality task performance, and goal-setting.
- Teaches children life skills such as developing an informed perception; articulating a vision; learning to solve problems and make decisions; building self-confidence and self-discipline; developing the ability to imagine what might be; and accepting responsibility to complete tasks from start to finish.
- Nurtures important values, including team-building skills; respecting alternative viewpoints; and appreciating and being aware of different cultures and traditions.
Be a Leader for Arts Education
This guide, created by CCSESA Arts Initiative and the California State PTA, offers concrete actions you can take to grow arts education in the public school system. It is available in both English and Spanish.
Click the images below to download the guide.