3rd Annual Creativity at the Core Summer Institute
Sponsored by the California County Superintendents Educational Services Association (CCSESA)
Arts Initiative in partnership with CREATE CA, the California Department of Education, and
Santa Clara County Office of Education-Artspiration
Please join us on July 26, 27, and 28, 2017 at the Santa Clara County Office of Education in San Jose for an exciting 3-day institute that will focus on arts learning and California State Standards.
Click here for the informational flyer.
Hear from educational leaders, teaching artists, arts specialists, and inspirational speakers from across the state as they provide hands-on learning opportunities focused on a suite of CCSESA’s new professional learning modules developed by County Offices of Education and Arts Partner Organization Leaders.
- Explore concrete arts learning strategies and approaches that you can immediately take back to your organization that deepen student learning and engagement.
- Experience many exciting ways to expand and strengthen arts learning in the classroom aligned to California State Standards, including Common Core.
- Find new ways to open doors of creativity and innovation in the classroom to promote 21st century academic achievement.
- Learn about STEAM and Career Technical Education models of education.
- Learn strategies to engage English language learners and inspire student voice.
- Deepen subject matter knowledge in dance, music, theatre, and visual/media arts.
Who should attend? K-University teachers, administrators, curriculum directors, artist educators, arts leaders, pre-service teachers, arts specialists, parents, and school board members.
There will be two major strands within the institute:
Administrative Strand: This strand is designed for administrators and leaders who would like to plan and implement professional learning opportunities focused on arts and Common Core State Standards. This interactive strand will allow you to discuss professional learning opportunities and how this might work with your staff and/or others that you serve.
Teacher Strand: This strand is designed for educators who would like to gather new approaches and strategies, for their students. This strand will offer many hands on – approaches that will allow you to experience content so that you will be able to translate it into your specific learning environment.
To Register: Click here.